We have worked hard in Optic Eyewear so that you can be looking good and seeing great, now it is up to you!
Follow these tips to make sure that your glasses are providing the vision you deserve.
Cleaning Your Glasses
Your eyes will only ever see as clearly as the lenses you have in front of them - it is important to keep those lenses clean so you can see the world as it is meant to be seen!
The bottom of your beautiful new top, T-shirt, shirt or tie is not the right way to clean those beautiful specs of yours! The abrasive material will cause scratches in the lenses.
The absolute best way to keep your lenses clean is with the Optic Eyewear cleaning kit (coming soon). It contains a bottle of our environmentally friendly, climate-neutral cleaning spray. It is free of alcohol, silicone and volatile organic compounds which can irritate the eyes or nose. It also includes an extra cloth, making the kit perfect for the removal of fingerprints, dust and dirt, all without streaks.
How to clean your glasses
If you don’t have an Optic Eyewear cleaning kit (coming soon), here is another method of cleaning your Optic frames!
Tools for the job
- Warm water with some mild, non-acidic soap
- Two clean soft cloths (microfibre cloths are great here)
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly - dirty hands equal dirty lenses
- Hold your frame by the nose-bridge or temples (arms), do not hold them by the lenses
- Gently wipe the lenses with a cloth dipped in the soapy water
- Clean the lenses using gentle, circular patterns on the lens
- Repeat circular patterns very gently on the rest of the frames
- Dry your specs with the second clean cloth
Just like that, your glasses should be sparkling!
What to avoid
- Don’t leave it too long before you clean your glasses
- Don’t clean with a dirty cloth
- Don’t clean with solvents
- Don’t use too much liquid
- Don’t leave glasses wet for too long
- Don’t make jerky movements when cleaning
- Don’t dry with heat (hairdryer, etc.)
- Don’t leave glasses in direct sunlight
Other care tips
The best place for your glasses is either on your face or in their case!
For extra protection get an Optic Eyewear hard case (also coming soon) and keep your glasses in their case when you’re not wearing them. This will protect them against damage, dirt and scratches.
Remember: a dirty cleaning cloth equals dirty lenses. Wash your lens cloth regularly in warm, soapy water.
If you take off your glasses and place them down, fold the arms and place them with the lenses facing up. Never put your glasses down with the lenses face down on the surface as this will cause scratches.
Don’t pull out the temples (arms) of your glasses to put them on or take them off. This will stretch the frame and may cause the arms to get loose.
All our lenses are coated with an anti-scratch protective layer, but this is not a suit of armour! Over time the lenses may get scratched from use and may need to be replaced. You may be looking for a new style at this stage too!
Visit a qualified professional to have your eyes examined at an interval advised by them. An eye examination is more than just a vision check, it is a very important health check and should never be skipped.